Battery Isolating Switch

Simon Carrick

Greetings to All,
I have followed this group for several years, but I have never posted anything, so please forgive me if I do not express myself properly. I have a question which will probably seem very elementary to most.

The question concerns the proper procedure to disconnect and reconnect the Battery Isolating Switch. The procedure outlined in the Sprinter User's Manual on pgs. 132 & 133 is rather confusing as to whether the key is supposed to be in the ignition lock when disconnecting and reconnecting. Could someone please clarify this for me. I am concerned because it states, "You could otherwise damage electrical system components. TIA.
Simon 2014 View 24J N. MI LP