Re: That Kwikee step....

Jake

My steps do the same thing, but both in and out. If I help them by applying gentle pressure with my foot,  they travel all the way to the correct position and seem to lock in place correctly. I usually hear a metal on metal noice (a “clunk”) during the process, possibly a gear in the motor slipping?

I have lubed mine but I’m not aware of the motor/wiring retrofit you mentioned.

I carry a tie-down strap with me just in case the day comes when it strips out entirely and I have to strap the steps in so I can drive. I’ll be following this discussion much more closely than the slotted rotors. :)

--
Jake
2007 Navion 23H