Re: Dreaded Click and NO START Cause/Photo of Relay

William Finley

Hello

If you go to the sprinter source www site there are many threads discussing a Y cable that deteriorates over time.

Of course there are also other issues discussed as potential problems to investigate a click no start issue.

Your 6 cylinder likely does not have the braided ground strap that I described. I'm no expert on your year but I'm fairly sure I'm sharing accurate information on that.

Here is one link to an example thread for your year 6 cylinder discussing the Y cable.

Good luck.

Bill 06vh

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020, 8:37 PM hikerbuddy01 <dirtdobber40@...> wrote:
My '08 Navion ('07 V6 chassis) has the same problem.  Occasional no start.  I posted a thread earlier this year.  Took the RV to Mercedes and they replaced the ignition module.  NO help.  I am interested in tracking down the "braided" ground cable from the engine to chassis to check that.  Anyone now where to start looking for it on the V6?  I am still of the opinion that it is the starter or starter solenoid but want to check the ground cable first.
--
Bob
'08NH