Re: Double sided 3 M tape for mounting solar panels

Dale Lucas

Dennis,
The 3M Tape is VHB 4941, 2" available from McMaster-Carr.
Kind of expensive at $54.55 per 15 feet.

If your fiberglass panel is one of the lower pieces that was originally taped in place, I have had the same problem, however I went with pop-rivets and stainless steel fender washers placed as far under the panel as possible.
Went all the way around the rig to prevent additional tape failures.
Also pop-riveted the access door latches to the fiberglass skin (another area of tape failure).

Dale
12 J
Las Cruces, NM

On Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:08:35 AM MST, Charlie Nellist <nellist@...> wrote:

Eternalbond it is kind of expensive and I think you can get it on Amazon and most RV dealer stores.

On Sunday, November 22, 2020, 08:47:44 AM PST, Dennis Herrle via groups.io <dennishhherrle@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, I have had a piece of fiberglass trim come off my 2011 View K. I have located the proper “grommets” for attaching one end. I can not find what tape has been recommended for attaching solar panel brackets to the roof. I am thinking the same tape would work for this panel.

Any help with name, model etc. and where I may purchase it would be appreciated. I have not been able to find the many discussions on the subject.

Dennis, 2011 View K, 65000 miles Tucson, AZ