Re: exhaust gas in cab, 4cyl engine

Dale Lucas

Know what you mean by fun.
Not a big fan of being under these heavy rigs.

My plan is to run the passenger side wheels up on leveling blocks, chuck the driver side wheels, get out the redneck creeper (cardboard) and scoot under there (with eye protection of course).
Then loosen the big clamp, slide it back and remove the bracket.
I don't anticipate much movement in the exhaust system.
If necessary I'll use a floor jack as a temporary support and persuader.

As far as when to replace?
I've learned the hard way with VWs that if there is an updated part, replace it now instead of along the road side, then carry the inferior part as the spare.

Dale
12 J
Las Cruces, NM

On Dec 20, 2020, at 8:05 AM, ROY GAUTHIER <roygauthier@...> wrote:

Found it.
All ok EmojiEmoji
Going to order part to have on hand and check it frequently.
Looks like fun to replace.
Thank you for your direction.

royale2k
24m 2012(2011)
central CT when home.
In Asheville heading south on monday.

On Saturday, December 19, 2020, 8:51:15 PM EST, ROY GAUTHIER <roygauthier@...> wrote:

Thank you.
In a campground in NC.
Will check it out in the morning.
R.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 19:24, Dale Lucas via groups.io
<da_lucas@...> wrote:
Roy,
To find the DPF bracket follow the exhaust pipe forward to just behind the front wheel.
You'll see a section of flex exhaust pipe (looks like a large Chinese finger trap).  Just after that the exhaust pipe doubles in size.   That's the DPF and the bracket is between that and the flex pipe.
Takes good lighting to see cracking.  Ours has started on both sides of a bent plate, not all the way across yet.
Dale
12 J
Las Cruces,  NM

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 11:05 AM, Monterey Morrissey
Check hoses and clamps on the turbo charger and resonator. We had the same and it was just 2 turns of a not driver on the resonator hose clamp.

Monterey 06'J