Date   

Re: Dometic refrig. RML8555

Paul OBOLEWICZ

I had similar problem and someone from this group suggested using an air compressor to blow out the area above the burner. It worked! Apparently soot builds up in the tube
Paul 2014 G

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:40 AM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

We just sold our Navion to friends. 1st trip, the fridge won't work on LP (yes, the burners work just fine. And yes, we tried it on automatic, and also on LP. Burner is working, so we have LP. It works when plugged in, or when the generator is running. Any suggestions?  I miss this group already, the Newmar group is not the same! You guys are great, any suggestions?
Jeanne N24G 2014 CA

Re: Dometic refrig. RML8555

Jeanne Warren

We just sold our Navion to friends. 1st trip, the fridge won't work on LP (yes, the burners work just fine. And yes, we tried it on automatic, and also on LP. Burner is working, so we have LP. It works when plugged in, or when the generator is running. Any suggestions?  I miss this group already, the Newmar group is not the same! You guys are great, any suggestions?
Jeanne N24G 2014 CA

Re: DC fans. What to buy?

Randy Silberman

We bought an inexpensive one on Amazon and have been using it all week on our trip to Myrtle Beach. It has made a huge difference in how comfortable things have been, particularly sleeping at night. We've just left it running all week long. 

USB Desk Fan 3 Speeds TREKOO Battery Operated Rechargeable Table Fan for Home, Office, Bedroom, Camping, Dormitory

Randy '18 Nation 24D

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/1/20 9:59 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io
Subject: [view-naviontech] DC fans. What to buy?

Do the little fans that you can plug into USB work? Whats best?

--
Todd 18View24j

Re: Removing a Riverpark XSG2NA-X2S Infotainment system from my 2017 View

Jerry Pate

I finally got my radio out.  There are 4 screws across the top.  All 4 screws hold the radio in.  The inner 2 screws go through 2 upper dash tabs and then through the upper radio mounting holes.  The dash tabs keep the radio in place.  I guess the proper way to do this would be to disassemble the upper dash to remove the plastic that holds the radio in place.  I got a hint from Bob in a private message that I could bend the 2 tabs without breaking them and get the radio out.  I bent the tabs out and the radio came right out.  There are also another 2 screws that hold the bottom of the radio.  These have to come out also.   I also removed the 4 screws that hold the air conditioner controls in place.  This ac panel may need to be removed.  Earlier in the process I thought that it also blocked the radio.

After I got the radio out, I removed the fuse that powers the radio.  Sometimes removing this fuse will allow the radio to reboot.  Unfortunately this did not restore my radio.  RIver Park has offered to send a replacement.  At least now I know that I can actually get the radio out of the dash.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Jerry   17 View V

Re: Battery Isolating Switch

waydigs

Yes, it is confusing:  my process is to turn the key to OFF, remove the key, wait 15 seconds or so, than pull the plug.  When starting back up, I just plug it in and wait 10 or 15 seconds for things to boot up.
P.S.  there are no "stupid" questions here. !
Wayne '16 "V" m,odel

Battery Isolating Switch

Simon Carrick

Greetings to All,
I have followed this group for several years, but I have never posted anything, so please forgive me if I do not express myself properly. I have a question which will probably seem very elementary to most. 

The question concerns the proper procedure to disconnect and reconnect the Battery Isolating Switch. The procedure outlined in the Sprinter User's Manual on pgs. 132 & 133 is rather confusing as to whether the key is supposed to be in the ignition lock when disconnecting and reconnecting. Could someone please clarify this for me. I am concerned because it states, "You could otherwise damage electrical system components. TIA.
Simon 2014 View 24J N. MI LP

DC fans. What to buy?

Todd Stock

Do the little fans that you can plug into USB work? Whats best?

--
Todd 18View24j

Pete S

I bought the Kenwood DNX996XR, but I think it’s last year’s model. I had it professionally installed and the camera just plugged in and worked.   

2016 24J

New speakers

Dennis Herrle

I am hoping to install some new 6 1/2” door speakers in my 2011 View K next week. One last question: will I be able to leave the door panel as is or will I need to remove the speaker “grill” and install the “grill” cover that comes with the new speakers that I’m installing? I know I need the extension ring for the 6 1/2” speakers to fit properly.

Dennis, 2011 View K, Tucson, AZ

Re: The RV industry needs high efficiency mini split technology

Jonathan Dwight

Just curious where the indoor head would be installed? My guess is the back of the house. These are fantastic machines. The smallest units run on 110 v.

On Jul 31, 2020, at 1:22 PM, Ken Marr via groups.io <kmarr97@...> wrote:

I agree, a mini-split option would be great, but although uncommon, they do exist and are a possible DIY. For example.....

https://youtu.be/aDXKuZaMXoY

https://www.hvachowto.com/what-is-the-best-mini-split-ac-heat-pump-for-an-rv-or-trailer/

More info and examples are readily available via a Google search.

Ken
11J
WA

Re: Shocks... PS #2

LED

I agree, I use a Tire Bat to check tire pressure.  I found most pressure gages to be off by up to 15 psi.  

Larry 
2010 Nav 24k NJ

Ken Marr

I agree, a mini-split option would be great, but although uncommon, they do exist and are a possible DIY. For example.....

https://youtu.be/aDXKuZaMXoY

https://www.hvachowto.com/what-is-the-best-mini-split-ac-heat-pump-for-an-rv-or-trailer/

More info and examples are readily available via a Google search.

Ken
11J
WA

Re: Low Power Mode Resolution

Jake

I had to google it too and it seems like the turbo resonator.  I've replaced a few and finally ended up replacing it with the turbo resonator eliminator (the aluminum straight-through pipe).  Works great.  It does make some odd whining noises but doesn't bother me.  The PO of my rig couldn't stand the noise so he reverted back to a resonator.

I'm surprised the OP was able to drive 250 miles with a broken unit.  

--
Jake
2007 Navion 23H
Towing 1987 Samurai tintop

Keith Taylor

Please contact any mini split heat pump manufacturer you can think of IE Mitsubishi. Pioneer, Samsung. LG.etc

We RVers both new and retro fit neet a low profile condenser...say 15 inch tall to fit on the top of our rigs....trailers. 5th  wheels. Motor homes etc.

Combine this with a cassett evaporator inside and you got it good!

Very efficient...no high AMP draw on start up....you name it, mini splits would be a win win for us and another sales avenue for mini split manufactures....

Please help spread a d the word...I can't find manufacturer thinking along these lines.

Keith

David J

Is this an alternate name for the turbo resonator? There seems to be a nomenclature change between the 05-07 Sprinters and current year. In the past this part was called a turbo resonator or intercooler resonator. Many V/N owners have replaced this part with a straight through aluminum pipe assembly that prevents this chronic failure in future. Turbo whine noise is slightly increased (the original part was added by MB to meet a European noise spec as I understand it) but for most people it's not a problem.

David J
06 VJ Calif

Jerry Pate

Does the rear view camera still work with the Kenwood Garmin unit?  Do you remember the part number of the Kenwood Garmin radio?
Thanks,  Jerry

timesureflys

Edited

Paul
I usually weigh my rig once a year at a CAT scale, but I never use those weights to determine my tire pressure. I use the pressures determined by the WGO engineers......and I may add a few pounds if I am over the GVWR. The Michelin charts are useless for me because I live in a cold state and my tire pressures can be all over the place.
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) has defined a flat tire as one with "50% of the max cold inflation stamped on the sidewall of the tire". The Michelin Agilis Crossclimate tire for our T1N's have a 90psi max cold inflation pressure. So they would be considered flat at 45psi.
The stated pressures found in the load inflation tables are based upon the cold inflation pressure at ambient outside temperatures. Michelin says that on long trips, the tire pressure needs to be checked every morning before driving.
If you leave Florida in January with 50psi in your tires and drive to Minnesota without constantly adjusting your pressures, you will wake up with less than 40psi in your tires. SIx Flat Tires!
--
Darrell
06 VJ Mn

timesureflys

Found it.....thx Bill.
--
Darrell
06 VJ Mn

waydigs

While I know it is "in vogue" for some to weigh their rigs and often adjust  tire pressure by a few pounds depending on load.   

I always think of the long distance trucker who one day is at 80,000 lbs and the next at 60,000.   One day in the desert at 100 degrees and the next in the high Sierras at 60 degrees.They only care if the tire isn't going flat.
I have subscribed to the theory, through 5 or 6 RV's over 25 years, that you pick a middle of the road air pressure, check it often,  and maintain it.  I have never noticed any difference in handling or tire wear.  

William Milam

CAC = Charged Air Cooler.

Bill

From: discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io <discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io> On Behalf Of timesureflys
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:05 AM
To: discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io
Subject: Re: [view-naviontech] Low Power Mode Resolution

Glad it's all fixed.....but what is a CAC Damper?
--
Darrell
06 VJ Mn