Topics

2007 Navion Propane Tank Connector

petersendonald@att.net

I discovered that my Propane Tank is not shutting off as normal...  Meaning I normally can just hand tighten and its Off.  I discovered that this is not the case and maybe that was why i had a problem with my refrigerator.  I read the manual and it instructed that if you use a wrench to close the connection its time to replace the valve.  Does anyone have the valve information plus what tape/compounds do you use to seal the ends.  If anyone has the guidance on how to remove and re install a new valve, it would be immensely appreciated.  Seems as time goes along, even if not used everything breaks down eventually.  I wonder what other surprises I will have in the future?

sstadler19

I"m no expert but I've found all mechanical items do best when used regularly, especially the multiple rv's I've owned, and especially a motorhome.  Seals, hoses, tires are the most vulnerable, and an engine not used and potentially not stored with the appropriate long term storage process will be problems.  This is friendly advice, not a finger wag from one who won't go a week without using his coach, and has had minimal issues since 2009.

Scott
08NH

Ps...I am lucky to store it at home, and its the easiest vehicle for my 11 year old Lab to climb into.

On 08/26/2020 12:14 PM petersendonald@... <petersendonald@...> wrote:

I discovered that my Propane Tank is not shutting off as normal...  Meaning I normally can just hand tighten and its Off.  I discovered that this is not the case and maybe that was why i had a problem with my refrigerator.  I read the manual and it instructed that if you use a wrench to close the connection its time to replace the valve.  Does anyone have the valve information plus what tape/compounds do you use to seal the ends.  If anyone has the guidance on how to remove and re install a new valve, it would be immensely appreciated.  Seems as time goes along, even if not used everything breaks down eventually.  I wonder what other surprises I will have in the future?

Dale Lucas

The manual value at the tank will eventually stop closing all the way.   Propane repair shops can change out the worn part very easily, even with the tank full.  Ask them about lubeing the new value prior to install.
Dale
12 J
Las Cruces,  NM