Topics

Dometic refrig. RML8555

David Seeds

My third refrig. (yes Dometic has sent me two new units) has failed; always fails on gas; has any one else had this issue? My current unit needs a new electronic board ( the size of my hand), Dometic wants $400 plus shipping.  A new frig cost $1400.  Dave,"11,N, iQ, Fl.

autoxer@...

Have you considered replacing it with a Norcold, if you can find one the correct size?

Ours has performed perfectly for over eight years.

Byron 07NH CA

MIKE CLARK

Get the part number off the board, look on eBay bet it sells for $150 tops. Recently purchased a slide control board for 1/3 of price on eBay. Exact board, order one for spare

Mike Clark

On Jun 17, 2015, at 1:48 PM, dw_seeds@... [View-NavionTech] <View-NavionTech@...> wrote:

My third refrig. (yes Dometic has sent me two new units) has failed; always fails on gas; has any one else had this issue? My current unit needs a new electronic board ( the size of my hand), Dometic wants $400 plus shipping.  A new frig cost $1400.  Dave,"11,N, iQ, Fl.

David Seeds

Mike, thanks, I have tried Ebay and Dinosaur Mfg., It appears as though I have a rogue unit made mostly for export, any other help would be appreciated. Dave

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:16 PM, "MIKE CLARK mjclarklmc@... [View-NavionTech]" wrote:

Get the part number off the board, look on eBay bet it sells for $150 tops. Recently purchased a slide control board for 1/3 of price on eBay. Exact board, order one for spare

Mike Clark

On Jun 17, 2015, at 1:48 PM, dw_seeds@... [View-NavionTech] <View-NavionTech@...> wrote:

My third refrig. (yes Dometic has sent me two new units) has failed; always fails on gas; has any one else had this issue? My current unit needs a new electronic board ( the size of my hand), Dometic wants $400 plus shipping.  A new frig cost $1400.  Dave,"11,N, iQ, Fl.

Gerald Kleene

Have you had your gas pressure checked, at  rally’s I have checked many units and have never found on set even close to correct. So I set my gas pressure correct and that helped some. Next get a 12V computer fan and install a second fan. I connected the two fans up with a bypass switch running them all the time. Just make sure you have them blowing upwards. They only consume about .5 amps collectively. Attach them with zip ties.

Doing those two things and making sure that the gasket didn’t slip out of the bottom of the door made our Dometic useable.

Gerald  was 2011 now in a 2015 Reyo P

My third refrig. (yes Dometic has sent me two new units) has failed; always fails on gas; has any one else had this issue? My current unit needs a new electronic board ( the size of my hand), Dometic wants $400 plus shipping.  A new frig cost $1400.  Dave,"11,N, iQ, Fl.

William Beadles

3rd round 8555 in 15 months just doesn't keep cool after several minutes nths of use. What to do???

John S

I would try writing to these people:

http://www.dometic.com/USA/Support/Contact-Us/

John
08VJDE

Jeanne Warren

We just sold our Navion to friends. 1st trip, the fridge won't work on LP (yes, the burners work just fine. And yes, we tried it on automatic, and also on LP. Burner is working, so we have LP. It works when plugged in, or when the generator is running. Any suggestions?  I miss this group already, the Newmar group is not the same! You guys are great, any suggestions?
Jeanne N24G 2014 CA

Paul OBOLEWICZ

I had similar problem and someone from this group suggested using an air compressor to blow out the area above the burner. It worked! Apparently soot builds up in the tube
Paul 2014 G

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:40 AM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

We just sold our Navion to friends. 1st trip, the fridge won't work on LP (yes, the burners work just fine. And yes, we tried it on automatic, and also on LP. Burner is working, so we have LP. It works when plugged in, or when the generator is running. Any suggestions?  I miss this group already, the Newmar group is not the same! You guys are great, any suggestions?
Jeanne N24G 2014 CA

Jeanne Warren

Thanks, Paul, we will try this!

Jeanne

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:17 AM, Paul OBOLEWICZ <obolew@...> wrote:

I had similar problem and someone from this group suggested using an air compressor to blow out the area above the burner. It worked! Apparently soot builds up in the tube
Paul 2014 G

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:40 AM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

We just sold our Navion to friends. 1st trip, the fridge won't work on LP (yes, the burners work just fine. And yes, we tried it on automatic, and also on LP. Burner is working, so we have LP. It works when plugged in, or when the generator is running. Any suggestions?  I miss this group already, the Newmar group is not the same! You guys are great, any suggestions?
Jeanne N24G 2014 CA

Richard Wiley

I have had similar issues with mine in a 2013 View. Sometimes it helps to tap the side of the flue box with a short wooden stick, and also to tap similarly on the bottom of the burner assembly. I think the igniters get out of adjustment or sometimes debris gets in the tip of the igniter / burner.

Richard Wiley

On Aug 2, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

Thanks, Paul, we will try this!

Jeanne

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:17 AM, Paul OBOLEWICZ <obolew@...> wrote:

I had similar problem and someone from this group suggested using an air compressor to blow out the area above the burner. It worked! Apparently soot builds up in the tube
Paul 2014 G

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:40 AM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

We just sold our Navion to friends. 1st trip, the fridge won't work on LP (yes, the burners work just fine. And yes, we tried it on automatic, and also on LP. Burner is working, so we have LP. It works when plugged in, or when the generator is running. Any suggestions?  I miss this group already, the Newmar group is not the same! You guys are great, any suggestions?
Jeanne N24G 2014 CA

Jeanne Warren

Thanks, will try it!

Jeanne