Topics

Slotted Brake Rotors may be needed in this case

William Finley

All

Here is a youtube video link posted 5 days ago.

Looks like they are having fun, and have plenty of money to spend/waste.

Just for fun, happy Saturday.

No worries, it's not a virus that will steal your password.

Bill 06vh

Glenn Franco

This precisely the reason I stopped watching Motor Trend TV and refuse to get the prescription service.
No longer is the channel devoted to How To's or Inspiring things that were done for performance or reliability they have turned into a bunch of A$$hole$ that sensationalize everything. Every other word tends to be Hey Man or Mannnnnn!
I have been a professional and automotive enthusiast for my whole life but these programs are ridiculous!
Glenn 06 Navion 23H

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 9:32 AM William Finley <wcfinley@...> wrote:
All

Here is a youtube video link posted 5 days ago.

Looks like they are having fun, and have plenty of money to spend/waste.

Just for fun, happy Saturday.

No worries, it's not a virus that will steal your password.

Bill 06vh

Dunc 18ND W.CO

Hold my beer, and watch this! <grin>

That said tongue in cheek, still looking for ride reports from any VN owners who have installed the full Agile RIP suspension package.
--
Dunc, W.CO, 2018 N24D
800W Solar, 10kWh Tesla Coach

Don Phillipe

Again, I love humor and during my life have been accused as being the biggest practical joker many people have ever met.   There's no extent of how far I will go for a joke, so as this slotted-rotor joke continues from the previous slotted-rotor thread forward I don't want to step on any toes or insinuate anyone should not laugh at funny things - but through all this, just let me say to that small community out there who does live for adventure and happens to own this style coach and they wish to take it along from time to time through some borderline dangerous mountain passes, I personally hear you when you talk about having entered situations where the brakes don't feel like those "rocks of security" that we all like to depend upon.   And I also hear you when you want to ensure you will never be caught in a situation where you feel your braking capability may be marginalized.   As someone who has reached the bottom of a mountain pass and had their vehicle's brakes fail, I know if you haven't experienced it yourself, no one will never know the terror that goes through one's nervous system when that pedal goes to the floor and you're still rolling at full speed.  Thank God that this vehicle has a separate mini-drum system for the emergency brake.  So don't forget about it as It saved my own life.

Also until you come to the point that you feel you know this vehicle by touch and feel, I have outlined in the previous post on slotted-brake-rotors some potential tests using an infrared heat gun that can be executed to check the temperature of the brake rotors during intermittent "pull-out" stops during a questionable steep descent and where one might suspect a softness or diminished quality to the braking experience.  During these stops the temperature of the rotors can be quickly checked with an IR heat gun and if the temp is approaching the boiling point of the fluid (usually 450F-550F depending on fluid type) at this point the vehicle should remain parked for 15-20 minutes or more to cool the rotors.  There is nothing like gaining the experience of actually knowing via true subjective feedback, the condition as the brakes to provide a greater level of comfort as a serious mountain is being descended.  In fact results of the checked and calculated is far better than a good guess in most people's books.   Now if I save your life with this information, no  worries as I am sure you would do the same for me.   Pay forward the good things you learn and experience in life and they will always come back to reward you.

Don Phillipe

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 07:28 AM, Glenn Franco wrote:
Glenn 06 Navion 23H
It's through every aspect of our society my friend.   If you haven't seen the movie "Idiocracy" (2006), it's a satire that's frightening as to how close it matches our society today.   Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk

Dennis Herrle

I second the request for information from anyone that has installed the complete Agile RIP suspension system.

Dennis 2011 View K, 65,500 miles Tucson,AZ