Topics

Heater Malfunction.

Mike McMillen

Dennis, are you sure the heat came on for that one cycle?  When I had trouble last winter with my furnace, it turned out to be the sail switch located on the inside of the fan shroud of squirrel cage fan.  On mine, you can't see the switch, but you can see the bottoms of its mounting screws.  They are front an center.  It got dirty with dust, i guess, and would never close. So my furnace would shut down and not come back on.

I borrowed an air compressor and blew the fan cage out. Easy fix.  Good luck.
--
Mike McMillen '16NJP i4 White Salmon, WA

Dennis Herrle

Currently in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula experiencing propane heater malfunction. Heater runs through one cycle and will not come back on after that. I have cleaned the combustion air port and the exhaust port. Seems as if a thermal switch is not resetting. ????

Ideas, suggestion, help?

Dennis, 2011 View K, 69,000, Tucson, AZ currently in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula