Topics

Advanced RV B Box

ArtistsView

If you love innovation and technology, take a look at the prototype class B+ Sprinter Advanced RV is working on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqk2eiiV0B4

Steve
2017 J

lou Thomson

Interesting but no cost and weight to determine OCC?, there are many box manufacturers out there especially in the overland/expedition world that do as good of a job if not better especially in europe..and have been doing it for years..

Robert Heywood

Thanks for that link, Steve!  It is fun to see how an innovative and creative team can design and engineer a Class C with a fresh, no holds barred approach. They are a first class company, and it really shows with this project...
- under floor heating that also protects the plumbing and tanks
-  gray tank water recycling system for almost limitless showers
- gray/black tanks that can be merged
- rear hatch with space for 2 bikes inside
- split a/c system with guts below the floor
- Same dims as a high top A/C on roof extended Sprinter
- VB air-suspended rear end
- 48 volt dc electrics to extensive lithium battery bank (capable of running A/C through the night
- stealth look from the outside, total custom, super high end interior.
Etc Etc Etc
Also $$$$$$ I suspect, but so cool!

Bob
SOB Sprinter based class c

On Oct 24, 2020, at 10:55 AM, ArtistsView <sjbendy@...> wrote:

If you love innovation and technology, take a look at the prototype class B+ Sprinter Advanced RV is working on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqk2eiiV0B4

Steve
2017 J

ArtistsView

Bob - you hit the nail on the head - a no holds barred approach. Something large corporations seem to have a hard time pulling off. This kind of thinking can only be good for all of us in the end. Did you notice they even had airtabs on the back?

And wouldn't you know it - they have collaborated with Fox to come up with "even better" shocks for my VB Air Suspension. And you know I already want them!

Steve
2017 J

Robert Heywood

Steve, did you get the VB installed on your View? How long have you had it, and was it worth it?

Bob
SOB Sprinter based class c

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:02 PM ArtistsView <sjbendy@...> wrote:
Bob - you hit the nail on the head - a no holds barred approach. Something large corporations seem to have a hard time pulling off. This kind of thinking can only be good for all of us in the end. Did you notice they even had airtabs on the back?

And wouldn't you know it - they have collaborated with Fox to come up with "even better" shocks for my VB Air Suspension. And you know I already want them!

Steve
2017 J

ATV Guy

Very cool concepts on the B box.  Hard to find any pricing on them though and I suspect I know why.

On Saturday, October 24, 2020, 7:13:21 PM CDT, Robert Heywood <rsheywood@...> wrote:

Steve, did you get the VB installed on your View? How long have you had it, and was it worth it?

Bob
SOB Sprinter based class c

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:02 PM ArtistsView <sjbendy@...> wrote:
Bob - you hit the nail on the head - a no holds barred approach. Something large corporations seem to have a hard time pulling off. This kind of thinking can only be good for all of us in the end. Did you notice they even had airtabs on the back?

And wouldn't you know it - they have collaborated with Fox to come up with "even better" shocks for my VB Air Suspension. And you know I already want them!

Steve
2017 J

ArtistsView

Bob - Yes I have the VB Air Suspension. Here is a link in this forum to my write-up on it. Dennis from this forum drove my View on his way back to Tuscon. Maybe he will chime in on what he thought. The Airstream Atlas comes standard with VB, and if there is a dealer in your area you might be able to test drive one to see what it is like.

Steve
2017 J

ArtistsView

I also like Advanced RV's A/C for the roof. They are the US importer for Houghton, which is made in Australia. Supposed to be very high-quality and quiet. The FitRV did a review on it. Unfortunately, they only import the non-ducted version.

Steve
2017 J

Dennis Herrle

I drove Steve’s View a week ago. The VB Air ride suspension is a remarkable upgrade from the manufacturer set up. I very much enjoyed the ride and handling. I’m looking for an Airstream to test drive with my wife with me. She suffers from vertigo and I think this may enable her to enjoy traveling. So far no luck in Tucson finding said Airstream. Anyone in the Tucson area with the Airstream or a View/Navion with the VB suspension and willing to let us have a ride?

Dennis, 2011 View K 70,000 miles back in Tucson

On Oct 24, 2020, at 6:16 PM, ArtistsView <sjbendy@...> wrote:

Bob - Yes I have the VB Air Suspension. Here is a link in this forum to my write-up on it. Dennis from this forum drove my View on his way back to Tuscon. Maybe he will chime in on what he thought. The Airstream Atlas comes standard with VB, and if there is a dealer in your area you might be able to test drive one to see what it is like.

Steve
2017 J

waydigs

ATV Guy
$$$$$$$$😮

David Preston

I am in love with this thing and the approach the company takes, however lack of a slide and open interior space would be a hard sell for my better half. The components are really cool but I wonder about parts and maintenance that are inevitable with any unit. I am really curious about price. May have to give them a call.

On 10/24/2020 9:30 PM, ArtistsView wrote:
I also like Advanced RV's A/C for the roof. They are the US importer for Houghton, which is made in Australia. Supposed to be very high-quality and quiet. The FitRV did a review on it. Unfortunately, they only import the non-ducted version.

Steve
2017 J

Dunc 18ND W.CO

Steve,

Thanks for the very interesting link for my engineering brain. The biggest drawbacks I see are 1) very limited storage, and 2) no solar? I think this is an outstanding offering for a wealthy young couple or single nomad lifestyle. I was surprised with quick mention of 14kWh of battery capacity, but nothing about charging it up? I assume they were using an upgraded chassis alternator, and/or shore power. No generator. It just seemed strange to have all that battery capacity with little consideration on charging.

I am looking forward to Dennis's more thorough review of the VB air suspension comparison. Likely my next upgrade. Was the ARV Fox for the front suspension?
--
Dunc, W.CO, 2018 N24D
800W Solar, 10kWh Tesla Coach

Charles Stewart

I love this thing as well, but I agree, no solar?  And also, where do you eat?  Was there a table or dinette somewhere that I missed?  I am not a fan of TV tables and the rotating swivel seats from the front are great if you have no shins, but you cannot get them high enough to be comfortable when the house is 8 inches higher than the cab; at least IMHO.  Anyway, really cool technology.  Kudos to the team.  Do we know price?

Charlie
14J from NH

Steve Alabaster

I sent an email to ARV to ask about 4x4 (no on sprinter chassis but yes on Ford Transit and Dodge Ram) and whether it needs winterization (yes if not in use and if not stored inside). Asked cost (warning: be seated). $350,000 - 500,000. The owner actually called me, nice guy, sounds like they have sold a bunch already. Think I’ll keep my Navion for now.

Steve 16NJ WA state

ArtistsView

Yikes. That IS a lot of money. But, I am sure they will sell all they can make.