Topics

Black tank to valve connector hose.

Rick 17VV

Is the rubber connector between the black tank valve and the black tank a standard 3" flexible coupling? Looks like but trying to be sure.
--
Rick
17V

JOHN SILJANDER

Yes, and it is an easy replacement

John
15 NV

On Oct 4, 2020, at 12:44 PM, Rick 17VV <rreynolds51@...> wrote:

Is the rubber connector between the black tank valve and the black tank a standard 3" flexible coupling? Looks like but trying to be sure.
--
Rick
17V
<black tank connector.JPG>

David J

It is, but in some V/Ns like mine there isn't enough room to install the heavy-duty hardware store version and you need to use the shorter Valterra one shown in your picture, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PHNCU30

Rick 17VV

Thanks guys. Mine has some cracks in it so I figured I would replace it before it breaks at the worse possible time!!!
--
Rick
17VV

Jimbo 2016 VG Victor,NY

I replaced the black tank one with a standard 3” rubber one with two clamps; just replaced the gray tank one with the shorter style that has a metal strap the Entire width of the rubber connector under the two clamps.  I have a view G with the macerator pump for the gray tank and was amazed at the bucketful of “yuch” left in the pipes between the connector and pump.

Rvjimbo

On Sunday, October 4, 2020, 8:57 PM, Rick 17VV <rreynolds51@...> wrote:

Thanks guys. Mine has some cracks in it so I figured I would replace it before it breaks at the worse possible time!!!
--
Rick
17VV

Paul Rouis

I bought the shorter one and have the replacement on my to-do list.

It looks like I need to remove at least the black water blade valve in the compartment and possibly the entire drainage assembly that passes through two sides and the base of the compartment to get the old one off and the new on..

Can somebody that has done this on a J please confirm? Thanks.

Paul

07VJNY