Topics

exterior body trim, fastener buttons

Hello all, I've a 2011 View with several of the fastener buttons (for lack of a better name) that have broken out the back where the screw tightens against.  I've not talked to Winnebago yet but curious to know if this is kind of a universal item that can be found online or locally?  I talked to 2 body shops and they are telling me no.  Not much luck with online search either,  thanks,
Dan 2011ViewK VA

Ken Ashbrook

Hi,

That should not be tough to find. I think your body shop was being lazy in helping you. Look for rubber body plugs. I’ve used them in the restoration of my 65 Mustang and blank rubber plugs are used in a numb places and sizes. Also available in a hard plastic material.

KenA
’08 VJ-24
MD

ken seigle

Call Lichstien.

On Monday, October 19, 2020, 07:45:23 AM PDT, Dan Collogan <dan.collogan@...> wrote:

Hello all, I've a 2011 View with several of the fastener buttons (for lack of a better name) that have broken out the back where the screw tightens against.  I've not talked to Winnebago yet but curious to know if this is kind of a universal item that can be found online or locally?  I talked to 2 body shops and they are telling me no.  Not much luck with online search either,  thanks,
Dan 2011ViewK VA

lou Thomson

I bought some on amazon last year that is a good price though I paid about the same  https://www.amazon.ca/Engineered-Plastic-Components-9667532-Retainer/dp/B00ODINZ9I

younglr98

They are 2 separate part numbers.The cap and screw insert. I’ve gotten them from Lictsinn in the past and WGO Warranty service approved RV dealer. They are generic black and need painting to match your trim.
Gray cap pn 118383-04-12A
Don’t have pn for insert.
Roger 07VJ Columbia River