Topics

Inverter

Rolf Kesting

I plugged in a "bad" plug into an inverter powered outlet and knocked out all inverter powered outlets, even the outlets on the inverter.
I checked and double checked all the fuses including the fuse om the inverter which did not pop.
No idea where to look next. Your help is much appreciated. Rolf Kesting 17VV

Bob Knight

Did you attempt to reset the GFCI on the inverter? Is there any LED lit on the GFCI? Red means GFCI is bad.

Thanks,
Bob
17NJ
Santa Fe, NM

--
17NJ
Santa Fe, NM

Bob

Small black button on the side of the inverter is a circuit breaker.

Check it.

Bob 18G

On Aug 29, 2020, at 17:39, Bob Knight <bob@bobknight.net> wrote:

Did you attempt to reset the GFCI on the inverter? Is there any LED lit on the GFCI? Red means GFCI is bad.

Thanks,
Bob
17NJ
Santa Fe, NM

On 8/29/20 3:37 PM, Rolf Kesting wrote:
I plugged in a "bad" plug into an inverter powered outlet and knocked out all inverter powered outlets, even the outlets on the inverter.
I checked and double checked all the fuses including the fuse om the inverter which did not pop.
No idea where to look next. Your help is much appreciated. Rolf Kesting 17VV

--
17NJ
Santa Fe, NM

GatorJeff

You also have a large unusual fuse for inverter circuit at the back of the battery compartment under step (high, between batteries). Rarely goes but possible. Available at NAPA. 17J.
--
Jeff S, '17 Winnebago View J, Gainesville FL

Rolf Kesting

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue.
I went on my hands and knees one more time (something I don't like to do) and I noticed that there is a breaker and reset button on the outlet right on the inverter. Difficult to see, white on white.
Resetting this fixed the problem.
Rolf Kesting 17VV

Brenda Harris

Did you check the special inverter fuse that is under the step behind the two coach batteries?