Topics

Jensen Radio

Ranny Robertson

Problem with the speakers on the Jensen radio. None work and not muted. What do I check? I hear them click when I change the band but nothing else.
Thanks,
Ranny    2017VV

Nigebirch

Sounds like some speaker wires came loose.  Look under your sink.

Dorrin 19D

Ranny Robertson

Thanks but did that. Now I hear very faint noise from the speakers. Not muted and volume on full.

Sent from my Droid

Nigebirch

I think I would call ASA Electronics and see what they have to say if you've checked all the connections on the back of the radio and at the RCA audio plugs.  They've been very helpful to other folks with problems.

Dorrin 2019D

Ranny Robertson

Thanks for the comment. They, in fact, actually called me. Unfortunately the problem is in the radio and will have to be replaced.
Ranny.  2017VV

Sent from my Droid

Ranny Robertson

The Jensen radio failed and is not under warranty. What is a good replacement radio considering sized to fit cutout and wiring plugs and features? Jensen recommended two of their models but should I look elsewhere?
Thanks, Ranny   2017 VV

Dunc 18ND W.CO

I have used www.Crutchfield.com for many years on all vehicles and home entertainment systems. They have awesome SUPPORT FOR LIFE policy, and great customer support. They are aggressively priced, but you can probably find cheaper if "best price" is your main concern.

That said, you might try a local car stereo shop to verify your radio is indeed bad. Radios rarely die, even since they stopped using vacuum tubes. You may save some money just paying a tech to find some loose wiring.
--
Dunc, W.CO, 2018 N24D
800W Solar, 10kWh Tesla Coach

Ranny Robertson

Thanks, we'll sure give it a try. It was Jensen who said it was bad but there could have been an ulterior motive.

Sent from my Droid

Jerry Pate

When I bought my used 17 View 24V last October I noticed that the dealer had replaced the Jensen radio with an updated model. The audio worked fine, but I noticed that the DVD did not play video to the TV. It turns out that the new Jensen replacement radio does not have an HDMI video output. It only has composite video. Dealer had to order and install a composite to HDMI converter. Be careful if Jensen offers a.repkacement radio that is not the same model. I tried to get an exact replacement but they were not available.

Good luck,   Jerry