Topics

Losing power uphill

Jeanne Warren

We sold our 2014G to friends. The were going up hill in the Sierra's, and experienced a loss of power, to the point where they had to pull over, and turned the engine off. When they turned it back on,and The DEF light came on, and the check engine light came on. They started down the road, and it went up the next hill just fine. They will report back, after driving it a while. They are not tech savvy, and it is their first rv. Thoughts?

Jeanne N2014G CA

waydigs

Loss of power on hills is most commonly a plugged fuel filter.
Wayne 16-V

Jeanne Warren

Thanks! They will try that.

Jeanne

On Sep 24, 2020, at 3:29 PM, waydigs <diggsmail44@...> wrote:

Loss of power on hills is most commonly a plugged fuel filter.
Wayne 16-V

Hans Telm

Hi
I had a similar problem on my 2012. Turned out to be  the speed sensor of the rear wheel.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, September 24, 2020, 3:50 PM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

Thanks! They will try that.

Jeanne

On Sep 24, 2020, at 3:29 PM, waydigs <diggsmail44@...> wrote:

Loss of power on hills is most commonly a plugged fuel filter.
Wayne 16-V

Renate & Jim Hart

After taking our RV on a very rough road back to Webber Lake and out again, we think a rock may have contributed to a tear and the left front lower inter cooler boost hose coming apart and leaking.  Going uphill was difficult and there was a whistling sound when accelerating but we made it to town.  We did add some DEF and were lucky enough to have a specialty repair shop perform a diagnoses and order and install the part needed.  The trip over Donner Summit was smooth, beautiful and uneventful!

On Sep 24, 2020, at 12:53 PM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

We sold our 2014G to friends. The were going up hill in the Sierra's, and experienced a loss of power, to the point where they had to pull over, and turned the engine off. When they turned it back on,and The DEF light came on, and the check engine light came on. They started down the road, and it went up the next hill just fine. They will report back, after driving it a while. They are not tech savvy, and it is their first rv. Thoughts?

Jeanne N2014G CA

Jeanne Warren

I am so glad it all worked out! Was it the main road in to Weber Lake??

Jeanne

On Sep 26, 2020, at 3:19 PM, Renate & Jim Hart via groups.io <renatesfun@...> wrote:

[...]

Jeanne,

Thanks, it was only the last couple miles or so on Henness Pass Rd.  What a beautiful camping spot with great hiking and fishing.  It’s Webber Lake Campground opened up by the Truckee Donner Land Trust.  No hook ups but it worked for a few day stay.

On Sep 27, 2020, at 8:24 AM, Jeanne Warren <jeanne@...> wrote:

[...]

It looks beautiful! We will have to check it out!

Jeanne

On Sep 27, 2020, at 12:48 PM, Renate & Jim Hart via groups.io <renatesfun=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

stay.