From: discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io <discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io> On Behalf Of tony martin via groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 2:00 PM
To: discussion@view-naviontech.groups.io
Subject: [view-naviontech] Removing Charger Converter

I want to pull out my OEM Charger Converter on my 2008 View J so I an access the compartment behind it.  On the model J, the converter is installed beneath the refrigerator.  I've removed the four screws and have attempted to pull the converter out of the cabinet.  I can pull the left side of the converter out a few inches, but something seems to be holding back the right side of the converter, preventing me from pulling it out more than an inch or so.  Is there a trick to this?  Releasing a wire or something that is holding it up?  It's not out far enough for me to see what's going on.  My assumption is that you can pull out the converter far enough to access the wiring behind it, as those of you must have done if you replaced your converter?

I posted questions about this in my topic on installing solar on my 08 View J, but I thought I'd re-post under a converter-specific topic, as I'm hoping anyone with experience removing their converters might be able to help.

old_b4_my_time

You removed the large speaker (hesitate to call it a sub-whoofer) so you can move things around behind it and see anything that is holding it in place, correct?    This is assuming the 08 J has the speaker next to the supply as mine does.

bike_for_life2003

Mr Martin,

I followed the instructions included with the PD-4645.  Other than the pain of laying on the floor for an hour to pull the legacy charger/converter and install the new one, it was pretty straight forward.

Paul and Christine
06 View 23H in NW FL