Topics

Roof edge caulking

Lee Haefele

The roof is tucked behind the aluminum boltrope rail that holds the awning.  On one side of the fiberglass roof, the caulking is cleanly detached from the aluminum.   Does anyone know what this caulk is?  I need to know if the next caulk I use will adhere.
Lee Haefele
10 VK Ithaca, NY

William Finley

Hello

Here is a good video on sealing this edge a little long but lots of good information on this edge.

There are two different sealants used depends on full body paint yes or no.

Manus-Bond for those without full body paint.

Bill 06vh

Man

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 8:16 AM Lee Haefele <Lee@...> wrote:
The roof is tucked behind the aluminum boltrope rail that holds the awning.  On one side of the fiberglass roof, the caulking is cleanly detached from the aluminum.   Does anyone know what this caulk is?  I need to know if the next caulk I use will adhere.
Lee Haefele
10 VK Ithaca, NY

Paul Rouis

Lee,

Pretty sure it is Nuflex 311.

That is what I used to redo mine after peeling out most of the original bead.

Paul

07VJNY