Topics

Slide Room Broke

hikerbuddy01

The wife brought the slide room in today after cleaning the interior and heard a "thunk".  Now the slide room will not move out.  The motor runs but the room doesn't move.  Either a broken shear pin or a shaft.  Any thoughts?  How hard is it to replace the shear pin?  How hard is it to replace the shaft?  Where do I get the parts?
--
Bob
'08NH

William Finley

Hi

Call Barker on Monday pretty sure they made  the powerhead for your slide.

2 bolts to remove and replace shear pin if that is all you need.

In my case I needed both power head and drive shaft. They will help and ship you what you need.

Good luck.

Bill 06vh

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020, 6:05 PM hikerbuddy01 <dirtdobber40@...> wrote:
The wife brought the slide room in today after cleaning the interior and heard a "thunk".  Now the slide room will not move out.  The motor runs but the room doesn't move.  Either a broken shear pin or a shaft.  Any thoughts?  How hard is it to replace the shear pin?  How hard is it to replace the shaft?  Where do I get the parts?
--
Bob
'08NH
TX

Gerald Kleene

if I remember correctly ( I have  only fixed a few) you can release the brake and manually move the slide out with a wrench  see your user manual.  contact Barker for the pins they are not a standard SAE size pins.

Gerald 2015 Reyo MN

On 10/25/2020 5:05 PM, hikerbuddy01 wrote:
The wife brought the slide room in today after cleaning the interior and heard a "thunk".  Now the slide room will not move out.  The motor runs but the room doesn't move.  Either a broken shear pin or a shaft.  Any thoughts?  How hard is it to replace the shear pin?  How hard is it to replace the shaft?  Where do I get the parts?
--
Bob
'08NH
TX

William Finley

On my rig there are 2 15 mm bolts in the power head. (~ $210). One easy one a little more difficult. Remove them and one wire bundle clip and the entire unit drops off the shaft. Barker told me last week the pin was 0.25 inches diameter 0.975-1.0 inch long. (don't recall length exactly)

If you must replace the short drive shaft ($27) then I was told to find the gear that is between the rear narrow rail and apply some heat to break free two  long set screws with a long Allen wrench that lock the gear to the shaft. Remove those set screws completely from old shaft.

Then pull the short shaft towards rear and remove. Reinstall new parts and you should be good to go.

Best Regards.

Bill 06vh