Topics

Slideout Troubleshooting 2010 Navion 24K

LED

Hi Folks,
Getting ready for a short trip this weekend and I am having trouble getting our slide to extend.  (It hasn't been used in about a year.)
Symptoms:
Totally dead, no fault lights, no sound of any kind from the slide brake or motors.

So Far I have tried the following:
Engine is running
Parking brake on (tried releasing and activating a couple times)
Checked the Circuit breakers under the passenger seat.  They seem to be in, I pushed them both in to make sure.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,
Larry
2010 Nav 24k NJ

Michael Powers

Make sure your parking brake handle is in the up position. Won’t work if the brake is set and handle pushed down.

On Oct 6, 2020, at 1:56 PM, LED via groups.io <ldudek@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,
Getting ready for a short trip this weekend and I am having trouble getting our slide to extend.  (It hasn't been used in about a year.)
Symptoms:
Totally dead, no fault lights, no sound of any kind from the slide brake or motors.

So Far I have tried the following:
Engine is running
Parking brake on (tried releasing and activating a couple times)
Checked the Circuit breakers under the passenger seat.  They seem to be in, I pushed them both in to make sure.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,
Larry
2010 Nav 24k NJ

Rick 17VV

Check the slide control for an error code.

Rick L Reynolds

--
Rick
17V

Terry Fenwick

Larry,
It could be that the slide motor brake is not releasing.
The brake is the puck size disc on the end of the motor / shaft assembly. To manually disengage the brake, there is a flat bar level that goes across the surface of the disc, that lever needs to be lift up a bit and (I think, long time since I did this) moved/rotated slightly to keep the lever up and out of the disc. With the brake disengaged, try activating the slide out switch.
Do not leave the brake disengaged as this is what holds the slide in while driving.
I believe the owners manual section on the slide details how to manually disengage the brake.
Terry  06 VH, Ontario

On 10/6/2020 4:56 PM, LED via groups.io wrote:
Hi Folks,
Getting ready for a short trip this weekend and I am having trouble getting our slide to extend.  (It hasn't been used in about a year.)
Symptoms:
Totally dead, no fault lights, no sound of any kind from the slide brake or motors.

So Far I have tried the following:
Engine is running
Parking brake on (tried releasing and activating a couple times)
Checked the Circuit breakers under the passenger seat.  They seem to be in, I pushed them both in to make sure.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,
Larry
2010 Nav 24k NJ

Paul Rouis

My slide is laboring a bit going out and occasionally will pop the breaker. I think the load is driving the current up as the voltage seems OK. Does not seem to have an issue coming back in. Suspecting it could be the brake “sticking” I called Barker the other day and they suggested spraying the break with dry lubricant, exercising the brake lever and turning the manual extension of the shaft. I will see if that works and report back. Looks like a new brake is about $80 and an entire motor assembly about $240.

Paul

07VJNY

[...]

Image removed by sender.

LED

I got the slide working again.  Thanks to all who responded to this.  I think it was just an oxidized connection on the control box.  I pulled the connectors on the control to check for power, pulled and checked the fuses in the control box (Didn’t know there were any Fuses in the control box, all were good).  Tried the slide again and it’s running normally.

In my search for info I came across this Power Gear video on how to set the motor stops. Thought someone else might find it useful

https://vimeo.com/user11748495

Regards,
Larry
2010 Nav 24k NJ