Topics

Temperature control dial

stenor

Hi all,
The dashboard temperature control dial in my Sprinter is stuck. I can barely move it if I use two hands. It worked fine until I didn't use it for two months. Now the cold weather is here in western Oregon and I want some heat.
Any thoughts?

Steve N
2019 24G
previously 2006 23H

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Dale Lucas

Steve,
Looks like it's off to the MB Sprinter service center in Wilsonville, OR.
You are obviously still under warranty.
Dale
12 J
Las Cruces, NM, originally Oregon

On Sunday, October 25, 2020, 09:07:36 PM MDT, stenor via groups.io <stenor@...> wrote:

Hi all,
The dashboard temperature control dial in my Sprinter is stuck. I can barely move it if I use two hands. It worked fine until I didn't use it for two months. Now the cold weather is here in western Oregon and I want some heat.
Any thoughts?

Steve N
2019 24G
previously 2006 23H

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Michael Powers

I use the McCoy Freightliner Sprinter and RV Center on Columbia Drive in Portland for all my Mercedes Sprinter Chassis service needs. They are an authorized Mercedes service center and much cheaper than the Mercedes dealership in Wilsonville. They have lifts capable of lifting my 2017 Navion V and are very professional and accommodating.

Mike 17 NV OR

On Oct 26, 2020, at 6:26 AM, Dale Lucas via groups.io <da_lucas@...> wrote:

Steve,
Looks like it's off to the MB Sprinter service center in Wilsonville, OR.
You are obviously still under warranty.
Dale
12 J
Las Cruces, NM, originally Oregon

On Sunday, October 25, 2020, 09:07:36 PM MDT, stenor via groups.io <stenor@...> wrote:

Hi all,
The dashboard temperature control dial in my Sprinter is stuck. I can barely move it if I use two hands. It worked fine until I didn't use it for two months. Now the cold weather is here in western Oregon and I want some heat.
Any thoughts?

Steve N
2019 24G
previously 2006 23H

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Dale Lucas

But Mike,
At MB / Wilsonville they have fancy coffee and cookies.
Dale
12 J
Las Cruces, NM

On Monday, October 26, 2020, 08:17:35 AM MDT, Michael Powers via groups.io <mpowers112@...> wrote:

[...]

The MB dealership here in Eugene opened a Sprinter service center a year ago. I'll have to check out their snacks.
And yes, the coach is still under warranty.
Thanks

Steve N
2019 24G
Formerly 2006 23H

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Ken Marr

I'm with Dale, MB Wilsonville has the most opulent customer waiting area on the planet. It's a great place to stop for complimentary Barista drinks and a bite to eat when passing through cruising through town on I-5. 😂

Ken
11J
WA

lou Thomson

I find independent places provide good service also the Sprinter Store in Tualatin does good work also and there is an alignment shop around the corner they use that you can do cheaper..09VJ

stenor

I have an update on the stuck dial. The Sprinter shop said it is stuck because of the Infotainment system directly above it. I had the core of the Infotainment replaced last month, and haven't used the coach since. MB will not cover it under warranty, so it's back to the Winnebago dealer.

I would have thought the tech who replaced the core would have checked the temperature dial before returning it to me. This whole experience has been disappointing and frustrating. I would never buy a new coach again.

Steve N
2019 24G
previously 23H

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

JPS

Lot to be said for your last sentence.  Jim 07VH FLOH

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 4:07 PM stenor via groups.io <stenor=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have an update on the stuck dial. The Sprinter shop said it is stuck because of the Infotainment system directly above it. I had the core of the Infotainment replaced last month, and haven't used the coach since. MB will not cover it under warranty, so it's back to the Winnebago dealer.

I would have thought the tech who replaced the core would have checked the temperature dial before returning it to me. This whole experience has been disappointing and frustrating. I would never buy a new coach again.

Steve N
2019 24G
previously 23H

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

bd.dennis

Dale, where do you get your new tires. Thanks