Topics

Toggle switch not working

Mary

I can't seem to find a way to get a picture on here I will try to explain.
We have a 2015 View G. On the wall as you walk into the coach is a DVD/radio. Above that is 4 toggles, example one toggle controls the sylight. As you're looking at the controls the one on the right isn't working. We're not sure if this controls the light above the sofa because that doesn't come on now either.  Can anyone give me a suggestion? Not sure if it burned out or what. All the other lights work.
Sorry for the explanation.
Mary
2015 View G

waydigs

On my '16, the top right switch is for the hall fan:   this fan is very quiet and for some time I didn't know I was touring it on when I hit that switch.
Wayne 16 "V"

Dave Robertson

On our 17g that switch is for a light in the interior front of the overhead bunk. Strange place for a light, but oh well.....

On Sep 24, 2020, at 10:47 AM, Mary via groups.io <mlimpic@...> wrote:

I can't seem to find a way to get a picture on here I will try to explain.
We have a 2015 View G. On the wall as you walk into the coach is a DVD/radio. Above that is 4 toggles, example one toggle controls the sylight. As you're looking at the controls the one on the right isn't working. We're not sure if this controls the light above the sofa because that doesn't come on now either.  Can anyone give me a suggestion? Not sure if it burned out or what. All the other lights work.
Sorry for the explanation.
Mary
2015 View G

dtone43

Mary, we have a 2016 G. For the 4 toggles, this is our layout. 1. Starting far right toggle, this controls the single light in the ceiling above the couch. 2. moving left, this toggle controls the opening and closing of the large ceiling vent. 3. moving left, this controls the light in the bunk area (very poor light by the way). 4. far left, this controls the outside light next to the door. Yours may or may not be the same depending on the configuration of your coach, ie. overhead bunk, vent, etc.

Doug 2016 NG Oregon

Donald Batbie

Mary:
we have a 2015 View G model without the bunk over the cab.  All of my switches have an engraved label on the top of them. I have five switches. Top left is the outside porch light. Top right Is the ceiling lights in the middle of the ceiling. Bottom left is the reading light which is where the bunk would be. Middle switch is the fan/hatch switch. Bottom right is an accent light which is behind the stove. On my rig, the two lights that are above the couch/slide out have a switch to turn them on located in the middle between the two lights. I hope this helps.

Don B
2015 G  NorCal

waydigs

Don B.
On my '16 "V" there is a small exhaust fan just outside the bathroom door, in the hallway.  It is almost silent and the switch for that is on the panel in the stairway .  It is the top right witch.  No one  else has mentioned that switch.  Maybe my fan was an option?  Very few of my switches are labeled which is a major problem for the memory challenged!!
Wayne

Jim Jennett

We have a 2015 view G as well. The right hand toggle switch is for a light in the cab over section. The light over the sofa is an LED controled by a toggle switch in the middle of the overhead over the sofa.
Cheers,
Jim 15VG CA

Mary

Jim,
Thank you. Is there another light in the cab-over area in addition to the reading light up there?
Are you Southern or Northern Calif? We're northern California
Mary 15VG CA

jbjlock26

That small exhaust fan was standard equipment in the 15-17 range. It is almost silent, so the way to see if it works is the hold a small piece of paper up to see if it gets sucked up against the ceiling.

Re: Toggle switch not working

From: waydigs
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 18:34:15 EDT

Don B.
On my '16 "V" there is a small exhaust fan just outside the bathroom door, in the hallway.  It is almost silent and the switch for that is on the panel in the stairway .  It is the top right witch.  No one  else has mentioned that switch.  Maybe my fan was an option?  Very few of my switches are labeled which is a major problem for the memory challenged!!
Wayne

jbjlock26

That small exhaust fan was standard equipment in the 15-17 range. It is almost silent, so the way to see if it works is the hold a small piece of paper up to see if it gets sucked up against the ceiling.

John in PA
2016 View 24V

Re: Toggle switch not working

From: waydigs
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 18:34:15 EDT

Don B.
On my '16 "V" there is a small exhaust fan just outside the bathroom door, in the hallway.  It is almost silent and the switch for that is on the panel in the stairway .  It is the top right witch.  No one  else has mentioned that switch.  Maybe my fan was an option?  Very few of my switches are labeled which is a major problem for the memory challenged!!
Wayne

Dinah Hayes

We have a kitchen exhaust fan that is anything but quiet!   The switch for it is on the refrigerator wall next to the stove.

Dinah 2015NJ

From: waydigs
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 18:34:15 EDT

Don B.
On my '16 "V" there is a small exhaust fan just outside the bathroom door, in the hallway.  It is almost silent and the switch for that is on the panel in the stairway .  It is the top right witch.  No one  else has mentioned that switch.  Maybe my fan was an option?  Very few of my switches are labeled which is a major problem for the memory challenged!!
Wayne

Dick Stevenson

Hi all,

I have a 16 with that exhaust fan. And, yes, a tissue, determines the exhaust level. Note also that there is a mushroom cap on the roof which (I believe) opens and closes the “chimney” for the fan. It is an issue in cool/cold weather as, even with the fan off, when open there is a wonderful conduit for the warm air near the ceiling to slip right up and outside.

A better design would have the open and closing activated inside the coach.

My best, Dick Stevenson

Rick 17VV

I don't even have an exhaust fan over my stove....didn't know it was an option. Oh well...guess I could open the window and put a small fan there if I need it.
--
Rick
17VV