Topics

Wireless Bluetooth TV speakers w/ no delay?

Dunc 18ND W.CO

I am looking to upgrade the TV sound system. I began looking at soundbars < 30", but could not find anything that would not have a wall or cabinet mounting problem, especially within a "mobile earthquake" RV. So a wireless system would be suitable after adding a Bluetooth transmitter to the TV, and simply place the portable speaker nearby. A USB rechargeable speaker would be ideal.

I have found some (too large) AC powered soundbars that claim negligible lip sync delay when connected to TV using Bluetooth, I have not found any small portable/battery powered speakers that don't have some reviews with this issue noted.

Anybody have a solution for this?
--
Dunc, W.CO, 2018 N24D
800W Solar, 10kWh Tesla Coach

bike_for_life2003

I use Sennheiser wireless headphones to watch TV when wife is sleeping.  No audio delay.  Don't know if they are Bluetooth or not but similar options with speakers are surely available.  It's possible to make any non-Bluetooth TV compatible with a simple Bluetooth dongle that plugs into your TV's headphone jack. That said, on my Insignia TV this disables the TV speakers.  You would need to check if your TV has an option for both TV speakers and externals at the same time.

https://www.techosaurusrex.com/how-to-use-bluetooth-speakers-on-a-non-bluetooth-tv/

As for speakers, search online using the term low-latency Bluetooth speakers.  I found sever small sound bars designed for laptops as well as others.  Stereo sound might be another issue which I haven't researched.
-----------------------
Paul and Christine
06 View 23H in NW FL

bike_for_life2003

P.S.  For those who haven't tried it, we have had good success using a ROKU bar to watch myriad great things streaming on the internet which we cannot receive on broadcast TV....

A little off topic but we never had satellite TV and cut the cable at home to save $$$ and haven't looked back.... one of our gripes was not being able to receive PBS.  Anyway, ROKU allows us to view a few subscription internet channels we prefer (NBC Sports Gold, Acorn British TV, etc).   We have successfully used the ROKU box in campgrounds with WiFi available and by using the bandwidth controller we don't exceed download limits/speeds.

If anyone is interested in the ROKU option or how we cut the cable at home, I have detailed write-ups and diagrams if you send me a private response.
Paul and Christine
06 View 23H in NW FL

Dunc 18ND W.CO

Thanks Paul. I am expecting Amazon delivery of a high power Bluetooth transmitter today. I planned on using the TV optical audio out into this new device. My Insignia headset output already connects to the DVD player, which we have tried. But Navion speaker quality and locations leave much to be desired.

Your post gave me the [headsmack] idea of checking with my BT earbuds first. A good portable speaker or soundbar would allow Pandora on the CG picnic table and low enough volume not to bother others.

I will try your Google suggestion.